You will be responsible for managing the daily operation, including hiring and disciplinary actions of employees, the development and performance management of employees, ordering of inventory, optimisation of profits, smooth operation of business and ultimately to ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Restaurant Manager will work with and report to the General Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the dining area, supervise food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating procedures.
- Establish and implement full operational procedures and systems in regards to the restaurant needs.
- Complete necessary paperwork as assigned by the General Manager.
- Maintain operational costs to a minimum and uphold budgets set by General Manager.
- Effectively forecast rotas and inventory in respect of restaurant needs two weeks in advance.
- Liaise with the kitchen frequently in regards to food specials and come up with new initiatives to boost food sales.
- Communicate with the General Manager in regards to any issues, systems and procedures that may benefit the business, budgets, staff management and general progress.
- Monitor compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations in accordance to government standards.
- Prioritise tasks effectively to ensure that these are completed on time.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to assist in the planning of regular and special events.
- Effectively identify restaurant problems through reports and come up with ways resolve the issues.
- Manage bookings.
- Organise and run shifts as a duty manager.